International schools in Bangkok
One of the most important aspects to consider while relocating to Thailand is to provide your children with the best future. International schools in Bangkok have been growing significantly in terms of quality and popularity. Bangkok has numerous top-class international schools you could choose from based on your location, convenience, and budget. International schools in Bangkok rank on top of the list in terms of quality and child-centered education while having a competitive advantage in terms of language and an intercultural community in comparison to local public and private schools. Here are the top 10 schools to be considered.
1. Shrewsbury International School
– Located in a riverside setting in the heart of Bangkok, Charoen Krung Road, Shrewsbury International School offers an inspirational English language education for carefully selected students. Shrewsbury is a well-established and successful school that truly cares for students with a highly committed standard to deliver continuous improvement and providing outstanding opportunities both in and out of the classroom. Moreover, luxury branded residences such as Four Seasons Private Residences Bangkok, Magnolia Waterfront Residences, and The Residences at Mandarin Oriental are conveniently located within a few kilometers away.
2. NIST International School
– Considered as one of the top international schools in Bangkok, NIST stands among the top rank schools that are associated with the UN (United Nations). Not only does it associate with the UN, but it was one of the first schools in Thailand to apply for the IB Curriculum. With its conveniently strategic location, commuting to the school is not a hassle. It could be reachable through public transport: MRT and BTS during the rush hour. Further to that exclusive properties nearby are for sale and rent: Marque Sukhumvit, Vittorio 39, and Bright 24.
3. Bangkok Prep
– Bangkok International Preparatory & Secondary School is a top-ranking international school in Bangkok. It is especially suitable for those looking for a high standard school that suits an urban lifestyle The 2 campuses: Thong Lo (Primary Campus) and Sukhumvit 77 (Secondary Campus) provides a British education from Early Years until Year 13, preparing students for admission to top universities around the world. Though the schools focus on a cozy learning atmosphere, they also provide well-equipped facilities for your children’s development. Many luxury family condominiums and pet-friendly condos are available to accommodate you and your family: Ashton Morph, TELA Thonglor, MonumentThonglor, and many more.
4. The American School of Bangkok (ASB)-
The American School of Bangkok (ASB) is a private Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 school offering an exceptional education based on an American curriculum with an international perspective. ASB students have proudly been entered into ivy league universities and top universities around the world such as Harvard University, Berkeley, University of Washington, Purdue University, Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Tokyo. Many of these exceptional students have received full academic scholarships. Together with the outstanding academic performance, the school’s location is very convenient. The Sukhumvit Campus is about 1-2km away from HQ Sansiri, Crest Sukhumvit 24, and Marque Sukhumvit.
5.Harrow International School Bangkok-
One of the first UK branded international schools in Thailand, Harrow is one of the leading international schools in Bangkok following a British curriculum. The curriculum is broad and ensures that children have the skills and knowledge to achieve well-balanced learning for young learners. Besides academic classes, Harrow International School also focuses on sports and recreation with interesting activities such as archery.
6. International School Bangkok (ISB) –
One of the top international private American-style school in Nichada Thani, an expatriate community, the school follows an exceptional international curriculum. It runs a recognized curriculum guided by leading educational research and global best practice incorporated into North American (U.S.) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma frameworks. Students benefit from top quality facilities based on the school’s 37-acre campus.
7. St. Andrews International School –
St. Andrews International Schools in Thailand are part of the Cognita family of schools, with a network of around 70 schools in eight countries and over 40,000 students worldwide. The school offers international learning through a combination of the English National Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Programs. Each school campus is small by design with a supportive and nurturing community feel. The Ekkamai campus is no longer than 10 minutes to newly launched condominiums such as Esse Sukhumvit 36, Rhythm Ekkamai, and the Monument Thonglor.
8. KIS International School Bangkok –
KIS offers the youngsters a collaborative community of more than 45 different nationalities. Dedicated teachers and the school team provides a solid foundation as a stepping stone for the students through the well-rounded program of the curriculum, activities, and sports. Situated in Huai Khwang District, not far away from the city center, the area is rapidly becoming more and more popular with Western expats. Number of condos for rent in Huai Khwang have been built in recent years along with shopping malls and restaurants such as Belle Grand Rama 9
9. International Community School –
Previously known as International Christian School, International Community School (ICS) is located in Bang Na District. Bang Na district has large malls such as Mega Bangna and Central which offer mid-range and luxury fashion brands and family-friendly dining options. Luxury Properties in the center of Bangkok is also within reach. The school was founded by expatriate families. It follows an American curriculum and is jointly accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
10. Ruamrudee International School –
Located on a beautiful, 28-acre campus, the rich academic tradition of Ruamrudee International School spans over seven decades accompanying technological, sociological, and creative challenges for boys and girls from pre-kindergarten to Grade 12.
Asher Property Editor